Friday, March 17, 2006

Illustration Friday: FEET



"Blue-footed Booby Bird" Watercolor on paper

Some facts about the Blue-footed Booby Bird:

A tropical seabird with famous bright blue webbed feet, a brown and white-streaked head, blue-grey facial skin, and a solid white body, it may approach 1.5 meters in wingspan. The bird itself is a little under a meter long (about the size of a goose), with a long curved neck. They can live as long as 17 years.
Though best-known as a Galapagos inhabitant, the Blue-footed booby can be found on several other arid islands off the western coasts of tropical America, Mexico, and northern South America, from the coast of California to southern Peru.

Labels: ,

20 Lovely Comments:

Anonymous Ji Krabouille said...

I like much your illustrations. The colors put joy in my day. Cheer
Ji

3/17/2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger artofmyheart said...

Ha! Geninne, I was putting off doing my illustration by looking around at what you and some others have done. I was actually thinking blue-footed boobie, too!!! Wow, I'm thinking I might do something fun with a flamingo standing on one foot instead, or maybe a pig shaped like a pickle with feet. (pickled pig's feet) have a great weekend! thanks for the smile i get everytime i click on by! :)

3/17/2006 12:35 PM  
Blogger Rrramone said...

I think this bird's name is Gilligan. :-)

3/17/2006 12:39 PM  
Blogger lil kim said...

your work simply glows, it is so beautiful! Nice work again...

3/17/2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

This is so delightful. I like the colors, the moonlight on the water, the happy bird and his fish-bone necklace!

With so many hundreds of people participating in IF, it's getting harder to see everybody's work. I'm glad I found yours.

3/17/2006 5:35 PM  
Blogger The Unknown said...

He's so cute. Great job. Wonderful illo.
love

3/17/2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger Marie-Dom said...

What a beautiful picture and beautiful colours. Truly lovely.
MD

3/17/2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger The Tart said...

Love those tootsies!

Send the birdie over to my place.. there is a beautiful apple tree with his name on it!

Smooch,
The Tart

3/20/2006 11:48 AM  
Blogger Amapoftheworld said...

ta´bakan!!!!....un patitas azules...jajajajaj

...eri genial!!!

3/20/2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger The Whippy Curly Tails said...

I love the hat. Such a great face too!
The kitty above is the Whippy's favorite.
=^..^=

3/20/2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

You really have a way with watercolors...how delightful is this bird! I just noticed the fishbone pendant - very clever!

3/21/2006 7:39 AM  
Blogger TXArtcGal said...

What a great illo! Love the colors, and the whimsy nature! ;) Cute, cute, cute!!

3/21/2006 12:00 PM  
Blogger Wee Cottage said...

What a beautiful and sweet illustration. I love the light hearted feel of it. Great job.

3/21/2006 1:41 PM  
Blogger Teri C said...

And I always thought this bird was from someone's imagination! Thanks for the great 'education'!

3/21/2006 3:24 PM  
Blogger ValGalArt said...

Not only a wonderful take on the theme but informative too! Adorable! love it!!!

3/21/2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger wynlen said...

So sweet. I love the sky!
www.wynlen.no

3/22/2006 7:59 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

What a cutie! I love his fish necklace.

3/23/2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger sakthisss said...

superb
fantastic

10/10/2013 1:42 AM  
Blogger Sakthi Software Solutions said...

Best Data Warehousing Training in Chennai offered by sakthi software solutions.

11/26/2013 9:37 PM  
Blogger sandi said...

wow very nice all my friends love it, good luck what you aspire goal in building this blog, I say thank you for what I have here. Greetings from me. toko alat bantu sex, kami ini menjual berbagai macam alat sex yang dapat di gunakan untuk membantu fitallitas sexsualitas yang kurang memuaskan, sedia alat bantu sex wanita, dan juga meyediakan macam macam alat bantu sex untuk pria. bukan hanya itu saja kami juga menyediakan berbagai macam obat kuat pria dan obat perangsang wanita dan juga obat pembesar penis serta peralatan alat terapi penis

9/25/2014 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home