Saturday, September 02, 2006

Inspire Me Thursday: INSPIRED BY DESIGN

This week's challenge at Inspire Me Thursday was to create a piece inspired by design...flip through a magazine, browse a catalog, looking for advertisements or layouts that you are drawn to. Choose one to be your inspiration… the task is not to duplicate it or to use the actual page within your art, but to be inspired by certain elements within the design, perhaps the color palette, the composition or a pattern used in the inspiration piece.

Inspired by a feature on one of my Martha Stewart Living magazines from august 2005 on rubber stamp designs.


Martha Stewart Living magazine (august 2005).

15 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Ouissi Gresty said...

These are amazing...I've never made my own stamps...may have to try!

Ouissi x

9/02/2006 9:25 AM  
Blogger Angela Rockett said...

Your stamps are very cool. Martha would be proud :)

9/02/2006 4:32 PM  
Blogger shannonjyl said...

wow...i love these!

9/02/2006 8:08 PM  
Anonymous melanie said...

Seeing all those fabulous stamps in Martha Stewart's mag would sure get me inspired, too! Love your handcarved stamps! I have only carved two so far, seeing this now makes me want to make some more!

Thanks for participating at Inspire Me Thursday!

9/02/2006 8:09 PM  
Anonymous Belinda said...

totally love your stamps. enjoy carving myself. brava!

9/03/2006 3:24 AM  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

I always thought Martha cornered the market on a well-designed magazine. I haven't looked at it in years, but it's good to see she's still hiring amazing art directors. These stamps are so cool...I've never tried it either. Very neat idea and I love your colors. I like how you're always trying new things. :-)

9/03/2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger lil kim said...

very cool - i love that little bird! what a great effect. what do you carve them out of?

9/03/2006 7:04 PM  
Anonymous Hagit said...

Wow! Amazing stamps, great work!
(I got here from the Flickr group:)

9/04/2006 3:03 AM  
Blogger Sulea said...

wow i wish i could do that. love your designs.. they would go well with collage art.... mmmmmm

Sulea :o)

9/04/2006 3:07 AM  
Blogger nirmala said...

pretty colors...beautiful stamps...

9/05/2006 7:49 PM  
Anonymous cruststation said...

I love the Martha Stewart page, the tags are lovely! It seems everyone has stamp-making fever these days, how do you make them??

9/06/2006 11:08 AM  
Anonymous tiel s-k said...

thanks for sharing. Your inspiration has inspired me.

9/07/2006 4:02 AM  
Anonymous peacefulkT said...

Beautiful stamps! I love stamping, but haven't tried to make my own yet. Neat designs!

9/08/2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger dragonmuffin said...

Has inspire me thursday done a how to on stamp making? have you? your stamps are beautiful, and i would love to learn how to do that.

9/08/2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger STAMP ENJOY said...

Hello,
My name is Sandrine Vachon and I work for the magazine Scrapbooking Passion. I write an article for this journal on "stamp handmade" and to illustrate, would you like me to publish one or two images of your blog http://blogdelanine.blogspot.fr/.../inspire-me-thursday...
My article must be completed quickly, so I would like, if possible, get an answer quickly.
Of course, your name and blog address will be cited.
Thank you in advance.
Here is my email address to respond to me stampenjoy@gmail.com or by facebook.
Cordially.
Sandrine Vachon

6/10/2014 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home