Thursday, February 12, 2009

Birdcall

Collage I made this morning.
Paper ephemera and acrylic ink
9 x 12 inches
*I need your help:
My blog was featured on the Spring 2009
issue of Artful Blogging (yay!)
and I haven't been able to see it yet...arggg!
If you own this issue I wanted to ask you:
Could you scan or photograph the pages
that feature my blog and email them to me.
I'll even send a free print to the first three
friends that help me out :)
Will you?
Thanks in advance for your help
and for the lovely comments
you generously leave me here.
Hugs.

Update: Thank you SO much
Louise, Denise and Susan
for taking the time to do this :)

29 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

Wow, felicidades, Geninne!
No conocía esa revista, tendré que ver cómo la consigo!

2/12/2009 12:59 PM  
Blogger Heather T. said...

Oh, I just *love* that collage!!

2/12/2009 1:32 PM  
Blogger Pherenike said...

You havent seen it yet? Wow, Ive even seen that magazine in the shops here in New Zealand! I didnt buy it because since its air freighted its more than I am willing to pay for a magazine - $36! Lovely magazine though. I hope someone can help you out, Im sure they will.

2/12/2009 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Denise said...

Hi,
I just checked with our bookstore and they have it! I will pop out tonight and pick it up because I have one of your prints in my etsy shopping cart already!!!

2/12/2009 4:33 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

congratulations! :^)

2/12/2009 4:34 PM  
Blogger Gifts of Creation said...

The collage is beautiful!! I would love to see your article in the magazine..I will look for it...

2/12/2009 5:24 PM  
Blogger CourtneyP said...

Love the collage. I think the publisher will send you a copy. I have not seen it yet in the store or I would help you out.

2/12/2009 7:06 PM  
Blogger Little Fragment Studio said...

How oh wonderful! Sadly I do not have that issue but I sure can't wait to see it. :) Congrats.

2/12/2009 7:14 PM  
Blogger paper trail studio said...

Congratulations!
I got a copy last week and was waiting for your official announcement about it. The magazine layout looks just as great as your blog.

2/12/2009 7:35 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

Woof..my human mom sent you a copy of an article. Woof & Tail Wags ~Moose

2/12/2009 7:39 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

love today's collage! I'm enjoying all of your birds as well. I've been checking in with you from time to time and really appreciate your style. I'm lovin' your handcarved stamps too. very cool. congrats on the magazine article -how thrilling! with your permission, I'd like to add you to our art blogs' list of favorite artists links. If you like our work, you are more than welcome to do the same! http://thingswithwingsartjournal.blogspot.com

I'm feeling the need to especially support and encourage other christian artists. :)

have a great day!

2/12/2009 8:30 PM  
Blogger Willow said...

I am so impressed that you were able to do that gorgeous collage in a morning! Will it be in the shop?

2/12/2009 9:21 PM  
Blogger mirifice said...

Ese collage es una auténtica preciosidad!!
Enhorabuena por este blog tan increíble!!
Un beso!
Eva

2/13/2009 12:55 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Wow congratulations you deserve it!
I didn't know about that magazine I may browse the net to see if I can get a copy!
Very nice collage!

2/13/2009 2:22 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

Congratulations!

2/13/2009 3:52 AM  
Blogger louloulovesbooks said...

I just wanted to say hi. I came across your blog today and it's so inspiring. You are one lovely artist. I don't think I've ever spent so long on a blog...I love your diaries and your stamps. If you get a moment (I'm sure you don't have a minute to spare with your prolific output) I have been having rubber stamps made when I visit India and they are so cheap it's crazy. I've written about them on my blog and used them on my website
http://www.louloulovesbooks.com/

well, thanks for a lovely couple of hours, I'll be back
Louise

2/13/2009 4:29 AM  
Blogger angela said...

congratulations...and just wanted to say that your blog is so lovely. the 20 birds project...very cool. i visit often now that i've found it!

2/13/2009 6:00 AM  
Blogger lori vliegen said...

congratulations on having your blog featured in artful blogging magazine! your artwork is beautiful, and i'm especially loving all of your handcarved stamps! :)

2/13/2009 6:43 AM  
OpenID eclecticallyyours said...

I"m so happy I just discovered your blog!! (Thanks go to Blue Yonder) and WOW...I want to subscribe..am I blind? I can't find a place to do that! We are so inspired,my dd11 and I! I'm off to check on the boys illustration link. We have tubs and tubs of my dd's illustrations...maybe I should blog them? Hmmmmm~I"m sure I'll be back!

2/13/2009 8:04 AM  
Blogger Heleen said...

Never seen the magazine over here.
wish I had! and Congratulations!

2/13/2009 8:42 AM  
Blogger FJ said...

Love your new collage," Birdcall". It is aptly named since a birdcall is complex in it's depths, yet bird's deliver their calls in a singular, simplistic, beautiful way...Thanks for sharing, FJ

2/13/2009 9:07 AM  
Blogger ariel cortese said...

qué gran universo el suyo!
cómo lo vengo a descubrir ahora!
la parte positiva es que tengo millones de "anteriores" hasta este mismísimo "birdcall".

un alegrón
salut!
a.

2/13/2009 9:42 AM  
Blogger Gustavo Aimar said...

Hermoso el collage!!! Creo reconocer algunos papelillos... qué lindo verlos en tus obras, qué bien puestos!!!

Saludo!

2/13/2009 5:51 PM  
Blogger Patty P said...

Who knew there was even a magazine called Artful Blogging. It doesn't suprise me that your blog is featured. It makes me happy just looking at your blog.

2/14/2009 7:40 AM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

Congratulations Geninne,
You are famous now and not just for your amazing art , handcarved stamps, fantastic home but now also for your blog. I remember when the first issue of this magazine featured Elsita's blog I was felt so proud and I am sure that feeling will return when I read your article. I will buy a copy, scan a copy for myself and then send you the original. I know you already have three offers but I am sure their is a friend or family member who you could give it to.

2/15/2009 4:14 AM  
Blogger Kelly Larson said...

It's so interesting that you blogged about this. On Thursday I went into a new craft store I've just discovered and picked up the magazine that features your blog. That's the whole reason I'm here. I didn't buy it, but I loved your things. I memorized your blog address so that I could look it up. I loved your stamps. I'm a block printer, too. I love it. We just block printed our valentines (the kids and I). I wish I could help you out.
:)Kelly

2/15/2009 1:02 PM  
Blogger Vicky~ stichr ~ said...

I have to chuckle every time I see this picture, and I look at it often, because the center 'bird book' looking part, where the birds are numbered???? It sure looks like the part of a page my dad had used to make up 'we are moving' cards. {30+years ago} It was a page of 'coots' and he said something like 'these 2 old coots have moved'....I always smile when I think of it, and now your picture makes me smile even more, thank you!

2/17/2009 11:12 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

My mom was just showing me that magazine, and I recognized your images. Very cool!

2/17/2009 1:26 PM  
Blogger Craig Mackay said...

Beautiful! Fantastic blog!

3/17/2009 12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home