Friday, February 27, 2009

Cozy

I made a quilted cozy
for Manolo's French press
using my little succulent stamps.
(When stamping on fabric always use ink pads
intended for that purpose)
I was inspired by this beautiful cozy.
That gorgeous white mug
made it all the way to Mexico from
the talented hands of Nancy Bauch of
White Forest Pottery
I've been making so many birdies lately
that I decided to challenge myself
to a month of bird-free art starting today,
let's see if I can make it ;)

30 Lovely Comments:

Blogger nadia said...

the cozy is lovely! and more birds in progress! hoorah!
you should produce an alternative ornithology guide!!!

2/27/2009 7:24 AM  
Blogger Uniquely Covered said...

Your work is beautiful. Your drawings and your photography! I always enjoy my visit. Thanks for sharing. ~Linda

2/27/2009 7:53 AM  
Anonymous marigold said...

I have just discovered your wonderful blog...so very very inspiring...I just love it. PLEASE keep making the birds!! I love birds so much and you have such a way with them. You have inspired me to get some of the Factis erasers and start to carve them. Last night I stayed up till 1 am and did ten!! My erasers are on the small side and it is a bit frustrating...I can't find the larger ones. You are sooo talented...sigh...I am just starting out in a life long desire to get into art and am now at midlife in age.....I have been watercolor painting now for a few months, just dabbling along by myself without a class or teacher. I hope to some day paint birds at least half as well as you do.

2/27/2009 8:10 AM  
Blogger Jacqueline said...

queria decirte (soy repetitiva, lo se, lo se) que mis hijas tiene por delante una semana de vacacions de invierno y me han pedido quedarse en casa para hacer stamps!!!

esta tarde voy a comprar carving bloks y otros spaceballs.

es una adiccion total por tu culpa :)

2/27/2009 8:13 AM  
Blogger Jacqueline said...

sorry: blocks

2/27/2009 8:14 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

We will miss your birdies! I'm sure you will come up with something beautiful and inspiring for us to see :)

2/27/2009 8:30 AM  
Blogger paula said...

just wonderful!

2/27/2009 8:30 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I love your birds!! Good luck with your bird-free month, but I do hope you come back to them. :)

I just found your blog through Briones & Co. blog and I love it! Your wrapping paper below is gorgeous.

2/27/2009 8:46 AM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

You're going cold-turkey on the birds for an entire month? (heh. couldn't resist.)

2/27/2009 9:42 AM  
Anonymous luanne said...

we'll miss your delightful birds this month, but look forward to seeing what you'll do instead!

also thanks again for all the stamp carving info/encouragement-- you've inspired me to begin carving an alphabet set.

2/27/2009 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Jill said...

Hi Geninne,
Love your blog. Your art and photographs of your home are so lovely and have such clean lines. I really look forward to seeing what you come up with this next month, though I do love your birds. Sometimes it is refreshing to step away from the familiar and return. Happy Art making!

2/27/2009 12:31 PM  
Blogger EvaForeva said...

I am such a big fan of your blog. You are an amazing artist! Wow, what an inspiration :)

2/27/2009 12:55 PM  
Blogger Time Outdoors said...

I love your bird art... love your website as well.

2/27/2009 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cozy is wonderful--love the texture in the quilting with the simplicity of the design. Can we see the other side? Buttons?
--Vicki K.

2/27/2009 1:03 PM  
Anonymous Alex. said...

So funny that you are challenging yourself to a bird-free month, and here I am just starting another little bird piece. A little finch :)

Hmmm... do you think you'll make it through a whole month? It'll be hard. Birds are just so completely appealing.

Your photos are always so perfect.

And I still have to make some stamps!!

2/27/2009 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

So you're giving up birds for Lent. I've given up wine. It's almost as hard. Good Luck to us both.

2/27/2009 2:27 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

I can't wait to see what 'bird-free' things you make this month. (though I do love your birds!!)

I often use acrylic paint mixed with textile medium when printing onto fabric. I roll the paint on with a rubber roller.

2/27/2009 5:04 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Love your work... I missed out on your little bird book. Maybe another printing is in order? hint hint...

2/27/2009 8:01 PM  
Blogger Geek+Nerd said...

The cozy came out beautifully. Happy Saturday!

2/28/2009 6:11 AM  
Anonymous Lola G. said...

Thank you for the introduction to White Forest Pottery. I visited the website and found so many objects of beauty.

2/28/2009 6:51 AM  
Blogger Whosies said...

tweet, tweet....just had to tease

2/28/2009 2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you can manage to go "bird free" for a month....the question is, why would you want to?

I so love the print and little bird book interior you sent me. I'll tide myself over until you return to my favorite theme.
Susan

2/28/2009 7:17 PM  
Blogger Marie-Louise said...

The cozy thing looks so very nice.
Lovely!
And Your stamps are great!!!!!

2/28/2009 11:40 PM  
Blogger Fuji Mama said...

What ink pads do you like to use for stamping on fabric? I've been trying to find some good ones!

3/02/2009 3:58 AM  
Blogger hanna said...

Love the cosy, and those bird drawings are wonderful. Your work is so beautiful.

3/04/2009 11:17 AM  
OpenID freeplaycraft said...

do you recommend a brand of ink pads to use with fabric? i haven't had good success with this. thanks!

4/04/2009 7:45 PM  
Anonymous Balbina said...

Ojala puedas traducir este mensaje,me llamo Balbina Lilian Gutiérrez Cid,soy mamá de 3 hijos,una de 7 una de 9, y un bebe de 10 meses,problemas que no te contaré llegue a perder toda gana de vivir , mis padres me llevaron a un médico para que me medicara, pero tendría que dejar de amamantar a mi bebe, fue entonces cuando decidi hacer el último intento aferrarme a la vida cuanto pudiera y refugirme en los besos de mis hijos, es muy dificil pero tengo una amiga que me ayuda todas las mañanas , cuando parece tan dificil, sos vos ,me das tanta felicidad me recordas cada día la belleza de la naturaleza, cuanto dios nos ama para regalarnosla, cuantas cosas quiero mostrarles a mis hijos,cuanto les puedo enseñar ,cuanto puedo ver, aún cuando hace tanto frío y llueve podemos ver la bella naturaleza, gracias muchas gracias, desde Mercedes Argentina, una amiga que te admira y te quiere.

6/03/2009 6:18 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

good luck with 'no birds"! I've tried- and failed many times. They just sneaking back into my work!
peace
Karen

9/12/2009 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

el cozy pot no maches mana esta de pelos misticos, yo quiero una cozy quilt para mi cafe!!!! siempre tomo cuando trabajo.....
God bless u
gina

12/29/2009 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where can i buy stamps like the succulent ones that you did. need some for my wedding in the desert. i'm inspired by your creativity.
thanks much!

2/23/2010 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home