Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tiny Book of Art

People always ask me if I ever sell my originals...
I do occasionally,
but I'm mostly saving them for my boys.
They might be worth something
when they're old men ;)
Anyways...
I made this accordion book that holds 12 tiny originals
& it will be for sale at my Etsy shop
as soon as I'm finished with it.
I still have to make two tiny originals
to complete the collection of 12.
They were painted
on handmade Twinrocker paper
and measure 1.5 x 2 inches.

37 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Margie Oomen said...

You are the best original the boys could ever have oh so very priceless. I adore all your paintings but the thought of these tiny originals is making my head spin.

7/15/2009 5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anna said...

I'm amazed at how much gorgeous detail you're able to capture on such teeny paper!! Whoever snaps up the book fast enough will be one lucky customer. :)

7/15/2009 5:58 PM  
Blogger june at noon said...

That book is going to get snapped up FAST! What a neat idea, and how nice that you're saving most of them for the kids, something special that will probably be priceless to them.

7/15/2009 7:02 PM  
Blogger Kylie said...

Such a beautiful idea! I love how you're keeping things for your boys. Thanks for this :) K

7/15/2009 7:21 PM  
Blogger *gemmifer* said...

What a wonderful idea with beautiful execution! You never cease to thrill and astound me with your creativity.

7/15/2009 8:31 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Your work all ways makes me smile! And so does that new puppy of yours!
Have a great week!
Lisa

7/15/2009 9:53 PM  
Blogger Regina said...

This little set is so beautiful!!

7/15/2009 10:11 PM  
Blogger Veda Murthy said...

I was just wonderng if u did ever blog art for a while whth the new turbo at home:-)....i m glad u r back with some fantastic work again!!!!u r truly inspiring!

Veda

7/15/2009 10:44 PM  
Blogger iva yaneva said...

I love these tiny originals - so pretty! can't wait to see the book when it is done :)di

7/15/2009 11:13 PM  
Blogger lolly-jolly said...

People will start fighting for original from you Geninne lol :) The tiny books awe awesome!

7/16/2009 12:58 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I love that you are saving most of your originals for your boys. What a wonderful legacy :-)

That beautiful tiny book is fabulous, and won't hang around for long.

It has also inspired me to make an accordian book for my sons' ATC cards, so thanks for that :-)

7/16/2009 1:30 AM  
Blogger Tabuena art central said...

Awesome!!!!

7/16/2009 4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, when you say tiny - you really mean TINY!! I just got out my ruler....I am amazed that those tiny paintings carry so well as large photos! Amazing! love your pojansts. Jan

7/16/2009 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just posted and one of the words in the last sentance should be "posts" not pojansts.... I mean to tell you I love your posts. Somehow i am unable to comment unless i use the anonymous - but my name is Jan and I check in with you regularly.

7/16/2009 2:35 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

Looking forward to this little gem!
Tail Wags to All.
~Moose

7/16/2009 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Kim said...

I love them all. One person is going to be very lucky. I love your work --- you are such an inspiration. :)

7/16/2009 6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anna Luisa said...

Oh soooo cute ! 12 gorgeous little paintings in a gorgeous little book, who wouldn't want to own this ?

7/17/2009 1:01 AM  
Blogger carlylennox said...

A super idea! We loved your last accordion book project... this one looks so special too! Your boys are blessed with a lovely Mum and lovely artwork too. :)

7/17/2009 1:45 AM  
Blogger Minnie said...

Beautiful, what a unique piece of artwork. Your kids are so blessed with such a talented mama. You've inspired me to do a little book of of my own but of my kids' drawings/paintings. They are only two and three-years old but this seems like the perfect way to encourage them to develop their artistic skills. Thanks for the inspiration.

7/17/2009 9:01 AM  
Blogger jfidz said...

Beautiful work and exquisitely presented in it's own album.A treasure for one very lucky person.

7/17/2009 10:47 AM  
Blogger Tamsin Ainslie said...

Gorgeous work! thank you Geninne, for your encouraging comments on my blog! You amaze me with your work - this book!! wow, lovely.

7/17/2009 5:30 PM  
Blogger simply blue said...

I can't believe what you accomplish on such a small piece of paper...they are all wonderful and your sense of color....fabulous. Your art makes me smile....and if' I'm having a bad day, I look at your art....it's happy art....your spirit shines through.

7/18/2009 3:34 AM  
Blogger Patricia González Palacios said...

Hi, I'm Chilean, I love your blog, very entertaining and full of color, as I do not follow you where you placed in my link, so when I go out walking, step around here, nice cards. An affectionate greeting paty

7/18/2009 1:17 PM  
Blogger one little acorn said...

Ohhhh... I have been hoping another of your tiny books would make it to your store and now I am heading away for a few days. I will keep my fingers crossed I will be back before they go on sale (as I know they will sell out so so fast!)
Beautiful art Gennine and what lovely precious gifts to save for your boys.

7/18/2009 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Diana Trout said...

This is an inspiration.

7/18/2009 8:23 PM  
Blogger Janine said...

That is a sweet idea

7/19/2009 3:46 AM  
Anonymous kimberly said...

Wow, these are all so precious! Originals? Really? Oh, I know how hard they are to part with. I haven't sold any of my originals. I painted some recently to sell but they found a place on my wall while I think about it a bit longer.

7/19/2009 8:12 PM  
Anonymous beate Teale said...

gennine, your work bogles my mind; especially the detail in these beautiful little pieces. wow! from australia!

7/21/2009 3:06 AM  
Anonymous Spadazzle said...

Nice :)

7/21/2009 5:46 AM  
Blogger Bloom Fine Art Photography said...

What an absolutely wonderful idea.

7/21/2009 1:23 PM  
Blogger maisy said...

what a wonderful idea! am so happy i discovered your fabulous blog :)

7/23/2009 11:16 AM  
Blogger Roberta Granada said...

Oi , gosto muito do teu blog, eu tb tenho um blog sobre artesanato em geral e agora estou disponibilizando aos meus leitores download de revistas encontradas pela net, http://agulhaetricot.blogspot.com,visite-me, e também apareça em minha loja online Maison by Tita carré, http://maisontitacarre.blogspot.com e http://www.elo7.com.br/titacarre , beijo.

7/23/2009 11:33 AM  
Blogger Candied Fabrics said...

What a fabulous little book! Love the idea!

7/23/2009 3:25 PM  
Blogger Shipra Panosian said...

ooh, my birthday's coming up and one of your art pieces is a MUST HAVE on my wish list.

your sons are going to treasure everything you've created.

7/24/2009 11:04 AM  
Blogger lil songbird mama said...

i adore your work and will keep my eye on your shop!!
;)

7/24/2009 2:25 PM  
Anonymous Rubbertaster said...

Hi Geninne
Maybe I'm a bit weird but the way I see it, the boys would be better off if you sold more of your art work. That way, you get famous and command huge prices for your work. The boys may have a few less pieces in their collection but what they have is worth heaps!!!

7/26/2009 9:20 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I was just wondering, where did you get the inspiration for these pieces, particularly the format? I have been inspired by Persian Miniatures for a long time and have been painting tiny 2-inch square paintings in gouache for a little while now. It's so interesting how when you make something "tiny," it becomes precious as well.

(Anyways, I came upon your site by chance, googling "String of pearls succulent" images, and saw the succulent container plant you made--very nice!)

8/03/2009 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home