Friday, July 02, 2010

Knotless Netting

Knotless net covered rock
The first time I saw a stone covered in knotless netting
was at Nancy Bauch's beautiful White Forest Pottery shop a cuple of years ago.
I was very intrigued about that weaving technique.
A couple of days ago I 'googled' the term and found
a couple of good how to's and a great video.
After a bit of practice I was able to cover my first stone!
I loved the fact that all I needed was the rock, some waxed linen and
my hands...no other tools necessary.
It is resting on my red screen printed linen tote by
the very talented Arounna of Bookhou

14 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks so much for the links on the netting techniques! I've been wanting to try this for ages but had no idea what it was called or where to look. I can't wait to start experimenting... I have to look through my collection of rocks to find a good candidate. Your first project, like all your projects, looks wonderful! Have a great weekend.

7/02/2010 11:08 AM  
Blogger BRENDA said...

I love your blog Genine!!
Thanks for the link, I´ll try later.
My best wishes for a wonderful weekend for you and your family

7/02/2010 11:19 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

I need to put my own hands on a beauty made by Arounna soon. She makes such gorgeous things indeed.
have a lovely weekend, Geninne.
oxox

7/02/2010 11:30 AM  
Blogger Feather said...

i am so excited that you posted this and provided a link! i've been pining over your rocks for weeks now, and i can't wait to try this!

7/02/2010 11:49 AM  
Blogger KindredSpirit said...

I LOVE THE NETTED STONE! i have a thing about smooth stones....

7/02/2010 12:12 PM  
Blogger remistuff.blogspot.com said...

I bought a necklace from Jo Kilmer, N.Carolina,(Spirit Tall) that is woven, liked it so much I bought another one.She makes rustic furniture. Thanks for sharing

7/02/2010 12:44 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

it's so beautiful! i've never heard of knotless netting before. i'm off to investigate.

7/02/2010 3:29 PM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

this is bringing back some really fun memories of the day I covered my first stone.
I took loads of pictures of arounna's shop and studio today will hopefully do a little post on them in the next few days.
have a wonderful weekend!

7/02/2010 4:17 PM  
Blogger Mila said...

i wanted to let you know how much i love your work and style!
it makes me happy!

:)
mila.

7/03/2010 12:41 AM  
Anonymous Clare said...

it is beautiful. I love your blog, it is like a calm and tranquil space in an internet so full of junk!

7/03/2010 12:52 AM  
Blogger salli s. swindell said...

oh...you are just TOO amaZing!!!!

7/03/2010 7:19 AM  
Blogger arounna said...

that is such beautiful knotting - I hope you will do more - the faux sun print is so beautiful.

thanks for posting an image of my work - you are the sweetest with your kind words.
xx

7/03/2010 7:32 PM  
Blogger the t time said...

so pretty! here were i live, in liguria (italy) there is an antic art, called "pizzo al tombolo". i think you would love it!

7/04/2010 2:04 AM  
Anonymous Eddy G. said...

Great Blog. Full of beautiful imagery and new talent.

www.themaxcollector.com

8/06/2010 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home