Monday, May 02, 2011

Lactarius Indigo & News

Lactarius Indigo
Sneak peek of a series of unusual colored mushrooms I'm working on.
Watercolor and collage on Twinrocker handmade paper. 6 x 8 inches.
Lactarius Indigo Collage
***Some exciting work news:
There will be new very cool product collaborations with Galison
& Urban Outfitters coming out soon with my birdies!
I'm illustrating a book about herbal remedies published by Trumpeter Books &
working with the wonderful Michelle Engel Bencsko from Cloud 9 Fabrics
on an organic fabric collection that will be out in the fall!
And of course I'm also working on my hand carved stamps book with Lark Books
that will be out in the spring of 2012. Lots of exciting projects in the works!

31 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Romina said...

Wow!! loking forward to see the herbal remedies and the stamp book!! :D!!!

5/02/2011 2:24 PM  
Anonymous Sharon said...

Geninne~ I'm so excited for you! What amazing opportunities. Can't wait to see ALL of it! How cool to have your work so appreciated by so many. You deserve it!

5/02/2011 2:47 PM  
Blogger blue china studio said...

Wow, wow and wow! All these projects sound so fantastic. I can't wait to see them!!!!

5/02/2011 4:13 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I am so happy for your success! And happy to hear about the fabric line as I am totally obsessed with quilting!

5/02/2011 4:16 PM  
Blogger Samantha Conklin said...

Oh how exciting! It's so great that more people will get to see your gorgeous artwork soon. I'm especially looking forward to the fabric line!

5/02/2011 4:18 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

I'm not at all surprised. Your amazing work deserves all the spotlight it gets. I'm very excited to get my hands on your stamp book!

5/02/2011 4:50 PM  
Blogger Genevieve Gail said...

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see your new products, especially fabric! Woo whoo!

5/02/2011 6:11 PM  
Blogger Audrey said...

The mushroom is beautiful and I can't wait to see your fabric! I'm so glad you've agreed to do that.

5/02/2011 6:21 PM  
Blogger Carlene said...

Looking forward to everything, but especially the herbal remedies book.

5/02/2011 6:54 PM  
Blogger Belinda Saville said...

Wow, how fantastic for you Geaninne! Wishing you a hearty congratulations for all of the wonderful opportunities coming your way - your work is amazing, so you deserve all of this!

Please keep up posted about all of these exciting projects :-)

Belinda
-xo-

5/02/2011 7:37 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

All such exciting news! Your work deserves to be seen in as many forms as possible, and these companies are very wise to see that!

5/02/2011 8:04 PM  
Blogger G L E N D A said...

WOW! Too much work ahead! Have fun! And may God bless you in all you do! :)

5/02/2011 8:14 PM  
Blogger Lynette (NZ) said...

Lots of exciting projects - do you have time to do another calendar for us for May? I have so enjoyed my March & April screens :-)

5/02/2011 9:12 PM  
Blogger Jenni C's said...

so glad for you...cant wait to see..all..of these beautiful things..

5/03/2011 12:31 AM  
Blogger Mola-mo said...

Sooo much exciting going on. I'm so happy for you! Have fun with your process:)

5/03/2011 1:40 AM  
Blogger Emie58 said...

ooohhh... you're writing a book about making your own stamps??? I can't wait till it comes out!
Good luck with all your endeavors!
Emie

5/03/2011 4:13 AM  
Blogger RosaMaría said...

wow! qué chido!!! esas sí que son buenas nuevas noticias!!

muero por ver tus diseños de telas!

5/03/2011 6:25 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

The underside of that mushroom is gorgeous! I love your detail. The rest of it must be beautiful.

How exciting that your work is being recognized and used in so many creative ways.

5/03/2011 7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats! so happy that you have such exciting things in the works!

5/03/2011 9:16 AM  
Blogger Kristin Shields said...

Wow, Geninne! Congratulations. I'm not so surprised given your talent, but it's just taking off so quickly! I just found your birdie pocket planner at Barnes and Noble and had to get it. Those German books look really great too and I'm studying German right now. I look forward to more!

5/03/2011 9:20 AM  
Blogger B said...

Waiting for the fabric Gennine

5/03/2011 11:49 AM  
Blogger ariadne said...

Looking forward to seeing all your new ventures as well as being able to order. I haven't been able to order from Galison,the ordering pages gets stuck all the time, and on Amazon they don't post the tin coasters to Greece. As for the German books they have a minimum order!AriadnefromGreece!

5/03/2011 12:10 PM  
Blogger Little Peace Tin said...

Wow, Wow, Wow!
I love Urban Outfitters, and my favorite thing there are the books!I would buy them all.♥
I'm so happy for you! Hope I'll see your book soon, next time I'll go to Urban Outfitters ;)


That mushroom looks so mysterious and lovely,It reminds me of The Mad Hatter from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

5/03/2011 3:03 PM  
Blogger leFiligree said...

LOVE the fungus!

5/03/2011 8:15 PM  
Blogger Liz Noonan said...

No. Way! Congratulations! I love your work and am so happy for you!

5/04/2011 6:08 AM  
Blogger Liv said...

Geninne! It would be great if you wanted to write a post about how to sell your work, how did you start to get clients? I'd love to hear about your experience.

Cheers!

http://imagerecycled.blogspot.com/

5/04/2011 8:23 AM  
Blogger suz said...

WOW! How exciting for you!

5/04/2011 9:49 AM  
Blogger P a b l o Acosta said...

Que ganas de tener todos tus proyectos entre mis manos!

5/04/2011 4:08 PM  
Blogger candice ashment art said...

Would love to see more :) I use Twinrocker to make my hand made paper. Great company!

5/05/2011 8:17 AM  
Blogger Jacqueline said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing the herbal remedies book! So exciting!

5/05/2011 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your work is extraordinary. May I ask what camera you use for the photographs on your website, such as the seagull, your dog, Turbo, etc? Beautiful shots, beautiful and refreshing artwork.

5/14/2011 4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home