Friday, May 20, 2011

O Canada!

Winged Migrations
Common Loon
Winged Migration is a beautiful group show curated by my dear friend Margie.
I am honored to be a part of this group of very talented women:
Abigail Brown, Abby Glassenberg, Arounna Khounnoraj & Margaret Oomen
If you are in the area it would be so nice of you to come visit.
I will be visiting Canada for the first time this summer!
I'll be in Toronto to give a one day workshop
at Arounna's beautiful shop Bookhou the 23rd of July!
To register and read more about it click here. The class is limited to 12 people.
To celebrate my trip I made the provincial bird for Ontario: the common loon

15 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Margie Oomen said...

it is a dream come true
oh and just a little note we have provinces not states in canada so the common loon is the provincial bird for ontario and the provincial flower is the white trillium.
xo

5/20/2011 10:45 AM  
Blogger Veda Murthy said...

talented ladies!!!!!it must be so much fun! the first pic is lovely....very creative!

5/20/2011 11:08 AM  
Blogger Lorrie said...

Well, I'm Canadian, but alas, I live just about as far west as one can go in Canada, a long ways away from Toronto.
It will be a beautiful show - hope to see more photos.
Enjoy Canada!

5/20/2011 12:21 PM  
Blogger ariadne said...

Oh how I wish I could be there!Congrats!AriadnefromGreece!

5/20/2011 12:49 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I wish I lived nearby, I would be heading there right now. Lovely artwork!

5/20/2011 12:50 PM  
Blogger We Blog Artists said...

I am going to see if I can "wing" it...lol, but it's right in the middle of my Art Camp season which I'm teaching...so I will have to see.
WHAT a TREAT though!
Can I come and say hi? Even if I can't make it for the whole day?

Have you heard a Loon?
Such a soothing bird call...beautiful painting Geninne!

HUGS
Char.x

5/20/2011 1:35 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

I feel so very lucky that I will get a chance to see this show AND participate in your workshop. I cannot wait to meet you and create together!

5/20/2011 1:35 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Hello! I just run into your blog and your works are really amazing!!! You are really talented!!! I would love to join this inspiring workshop but sadly I live to far away! :(

5/20/2011 1:40 PM  
Blogger Pretty Things said...

I love your blog for all the beauty.

5/20/2011 2:26 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Oooh, that's only a 10 hour drive from me, I'll have to convince the hubby we need a mid-summer road trip ;-)

5/20/2011 3:07 PM  
Blogger mc said...

Come to Alberta sometime! :-)

5/20/2011 6:06 PM  
Blogger Estivalia said...

How fun!
If you ever, ever, hold a class in Chile, let us know! Haré dedo para llegar a Santiago si es necesario ;)

And btw, do you know where I can get that white acrylic ink in Chile? :(

5/21/2011 10:27 AM  
Blogger secdus said...

Hi Geninne,
I found your blog very new.
I really love your work and blog.
Yesterday i went to an art supply market and bought watercolor paints:)I read that you never got water class and this really encouraged me.I live in İstanbul and despite this long distance between our countries,i feel great to share life with someone so talented and inspiring like you.Thank you,thank you.Please keep on sharing your art and your view of life.
Secda

5/22/2011 11:47 AM  
Blogger secdus said...

Oh and i forgot to say.Have you ever think about making classes through internet?Maybe through skype...

5/22/2011 11:59 AM  
Anonymous jess mcewen said...

Oh Geninne, how exciting that you will be in Toronto- I work Saturdays and I see the workshop is sold out already anyway, but I hope you enjoy your visit to our great city!

jess at Periwinkle Flowers

6/11/2011 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home