Sunday, May 22, 2011

Random

Random Weekend Captures
Random Weekend Captures
Random Weekend Captures
Random Weekend Captures
A few random photos of this weekend.
My plants are thriving in this heat while I wither...
I struggle during these hot months to keep my creativity
from becoming an amorphous mush.
Are you most creative when it's hot or during the chilly months?
Thank you so much to all of you that registered for the one day
summer workshop at Bookhou in Toronto. I look forward to meeting you :)
There are still a couple of spots available in case you fancy joining us.

21 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Encarna said...

qué bonita la primera planta! Tienes una colección de crasas alucinante!

5/22/2011 12:18 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, the cooler months are definitely my time to thrive... when it gets very warm, especially warm and humid, here in NY I go into slow motion mode and can barely get my mind or body to move forward. And the heat makes me cranky, too, so that's not fun for anyone around me ;)

5/22/2011 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Maria said...

Chillier weather for me, that is for sure. I can always put on warmer clothes, make tea, or turn up the heat. I was just telling my family in Florida that I don't think I can visit them in the summer any more due to the oppressive heat and humidity. If I ever move when I retire it would be north, not south. For now, I'll continue making lots of gazpacho and smoothies to get through our Southern summers. Hang in there! :)

5/22/2011 1:43 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

Since most of my creative work involves wool, I am definitely more productive in the winter months. Hot weather seems to inspire dolce far niente in me.

I really look forward to meeting you too! Hopefully it wont' be too hot when you come, and we will all be bursting with energy and creativity.

5/22/2011 2:33 PM  
Blogger Alex K said...

I like the temperature of the desert in spring and fall when dusk starts to fall over the city - with the windows thrown open so the warmth and coolness comes inside my room. That's the perfect working weather for me. :)

5/22/2011 2:34 PM  
Anonymous beth said...

that first picture is just incredible! such mood.

5/22/2011 2:59 PM  
Blogger Artes da Cris said...

Hi Geninne. Like you I love fall. Love the fall light. I think it's so hard stand too much heat. I prefer to create and do stuff when it's cooler.
Big Hug,
Ana from Brazil

5/22/2011 4:13 PM  
Blogger grbev said...

Oh, I wish I could draw a little bird on your map and fly myself to Canada... but my heart will be with you, my sweet friend.

From West Point UT where it's still a little chilly,

Bev

5/22/2011 6:02 PM  
Blogger Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

These photos are stunning -- collectively and individually! Thank you! (And fall is my favorite time and likely, most productive. :))

5/22/2011 6:54 PM  
Blogger kollene carlsson said...

I love the tea pot shot... so relaxing... pretty light!

5/22/2011 7:16 PM  
Blogger eli said...

Qué buenísimas fotos! Tengo una planta como la de la tercera, no sé cómo se llama pero qué linda es!

Tampoco funciono muy bien en época de calor, y en otoño es cuando mi motor marcha mejor!

Que tengas linda semana semana!!

5/22/2011 10:03 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

Too warm weather just makes your brain melt away:)

5/23/2011 1:05 AM  
Blogger Leszczynowa said...

all things, wich you paint are wonderfull, like from sweat dream...thanka you for that.

5/23/2011 1:17 AM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

i promise to serve you lots of cool lime and soda drinks when you come although i do love the heat and warm in these photographs.

5/23/2011 4:26 AM  
Blogger Jayne said...

Beautiful photos, Geninne! I have a feeling your are always creating. Summer months are always tough, though. I know my mind tends to wonder then... ;)

5/23/2011 7:22 AM  
Blogger Betty said...

I have SUCH a difficult time doing just about anything in the heat and humidity. Tending the gardens is about it. Creativity comes back with cooler weather, to be sure!

5/23/2011 7:36 AM  
Blogger BrandNewStudio said...

BeautifulPictures
GoodCreations

5/23/2011 8:21 AM  
Blogger Susana Castro Conti said...

Adoro las plantas! El domingo estuve comprando algunas!
Realmente no tengo muy claro cuándo me siento más creativa... pero en verano suelo tener más tiempo, porque estoy de vacaciones de mis grupos de clase! Crear siempre es terapéutico! A veces lo difícil es hacerse el tiempo...

http://lavidalalala.blogspot.com/

5/23/2011 1:55 PM  
Blogger Os Bugs said...

I love spring and fall to drawn, to paint, to make handcrafts. I felt alive and I like the light and the colors. I like the winter to read,to write,to be at home. Summer in Brazil is to hot and I just want the fall came soon...

5/25/2011 1:02 PM  
Anonymous Aaron said...

Beautiful images! What camera type are you using? These would look great in Black and White too.

6/15/2011 7:42 AM  
OpenID sudio said...

I am definitely a fall/wintery creator....humidity makes me crabbycakes. I live in Winnipeg,MB, Canada....we get the four seasons in gangbusters and I love it. We also are prairie-big-sky and I love the sun...just not sooperdooper heat/humidity. I so hear you on 'mush brain' when heat strikes....:) xo

6/15/2011 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home