Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Gushfest

Studio Corner
Arounna's ArtInspiration board
Letterpress
Screen printingLovebirds at Bookhou
I'm back at my home sweet home after a beautiful time in Canada!
Here are just a few photos I took of Arounna's studio & shop at Bookhou.
Not only is she ridiculously talented and prolific
but she is also very warm, sweet, down to earth and super friendly.
Meeting her, John and their beautiful children was a real delight!
When I grow up I want to be just like Arounna!

41 Lovely Comments:

Anonymous Lorrie said...

Fabulous shots Geninne, it's lovely to see other artist's creative space. How lovely for you also to see your art on sale...

Lorrie

7/27/2011 12:56 PM  
Anonymous lamina @ do a bit said...

Wow Arounna's studio and shop look just gorgeous!! I would be having a bit of a gush too :)

7/27/2011 12:58 PM  
Anonymous Laura A. Shin said...

Glad you're safely home. It was lovely meeting you on Friday. I hear from Sally that you had a wonderful workshop. I hope you enjoyed the break in the humidity and come back to Canada soon. I'll definitely be at your next workshop!

7/27/2011 1:01 PM  
Blogger FarfallaDK said...

Lovely photos!
Arounna's studio is so wonderful.
Thanks for sharing these photos. They are very inspiring!

Greetings from FarfallaDK

7/27/2011 1:12 PM  
Blogger laruelapalooza said...

What great photos of Arounna's studio! I love seeing other artist's spaces. Thanks for the peek inside.

7/27/2011 1:13 PM  
Blogger se7en said...

Oh swoon, those little penguins are just too darling!!!

7/27/2011 1:21 PM  
Anonymous cara lynne said...

i LOVE this studio! so pretty and inspiring :)

7/27/2011 1:27 PM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

and i am so blessed to have her as a wonderful friend. I hope you remembered to give everyone big hugs from all of us here, including the kitties of course.

7/27/2011 1:29 PM  
Blogger Effie said...

OMG......that's just too tidy and organised it makes you giddy!...and yes I'm envious!

7/27/2011 2:06 PM  
Blogger Jesse Lu said...

oooh, thanks for sharing, this is so inspiring. :)

7/27/2011 2:51 PM  
Blogger KAROLIEN'S CREATIONS said...

I'm happy you're back to blogging, I really missed your posts. But I've been following you on FB and Twitter and it seems like you had the best time. The pictures look incredibly lovely and very inspiring!

7/27/2011 3:03 PM  
Blogger leah said...

Lovely! Where are the penguins from? Does Arounna make these?

7/27/2011 3:19 PM  
Blogger Forest Love said...

Love the row of tags hanging on the wall! :)

7/27/2011 3:46 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

I love the way everything works together. She has an eye for like-mindedness. Thank- you yet again for such wonderful images of inspiration.

7/27/2011 4:04 PM  
Blogger Jan | Poppytalk said...

i'm jealous of all of you being able to get together - i'm canada was good to you and so fun to see arounna's space! wished i could've seen the show!

7/27/2011 4:14 PM  
Blogger Maki said...

Sounds woderful experience! I Love her work too. Thank you for sharing. xm

7/27/2011 4:17 PM  
Blogger Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Great photos and so very inspiring!!!

7/27/2011 4:51 PM  
Blogger Daydream Lily said...

wow, so inspiring!!!

7/27/2011 5:12 PM  
Blogger Véronique said...

Bonjour Geninne
The workshop at bookhou was such a stimulating and creative day! I'm so glad I met you!
Veronique

7/27/2011 5:21 PM  
Blogger arounna said...

you're are so sweet! - I will miss spending time with you :)

7/27/2011 6:01 PM  
Blogger Jenni C's said...

love sneak peeks into studios..love all the inspiration...

7/27/2011 11:09 PM  
Blogger leFiligree said...

i love all the layers of handiwork, the bits and clippings.

7/28/2011 12:44 AM  
Blogger barbarabeesblog said...

It looks indeed very inspiring and cosy there - I'm sure you had a great time.

7/28/2011 3:28 AM  
Blogger Lianne said...

How is it that some peoples craft spaces look like photo shoots and mine looks like a small digger has ploughed through an art shop, dug some foundations, had lunch and then left site unlocked over night where it was trashed by ravers? Jealous. Ditto the 'when I grow up...' comment

7/28/2011 3:46 AM  
Blogger barbara@sparrowavenue said...

it was so nice to have met you and speak with you about food and kids and art at Margie's.
we are so lucky to have A. as a friend

7/28/2011 4:21 AM  
Blogger Belén said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7/28/2011 5:45 AM  
Blogger Taller Pisimun said...

Me encantaría un rincón tan inspirador de creación!!! envidia sana...
www.tallerpisimun.blogspot.com

7/28/2011 8:02 AM  
Blogger la tulipe said...

Just a dream ... thank you!

7/28/2011 10:01 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

thats a space i definitely want to be in!

7/28/2011 10:17 AM  
OpenID curlygirlpress said...

I want to move into her studio! Lovely, and beautiful show, I'm sorry I missed it. Must win lottery so I can fly around the world whenever I want to...

7/28/2011 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Dawn Herring said...

What inspiring and cozy images! I love the pillows and fabrics and their designs. She's has a terrific, prolific creative flair!

Thanks for sharing. :)

Be refreshed,
Dawn

7/28/2011 11:30 AM  
Blogger Karin Schikorr said...

Realmente he hechado de menos tus posts. Me alegro que estés de vuelta y que compartas esa fantástica experiencia por la que has pasado. Ojalá tuviera el estudio y Bookhou cerca de casa, es muy inspirador!! Un saludo
Karin

7/28/2011 4:52 PM  
Blogger MARTUKI said...

vaya estudio!!!!! es maravilloso!!!!

7/29/2011 3:12 AM  
Anonymous Shachi said...

oh geninne...and when I grow up I want to be like you! :) Thanks for the inspiration!

7/29/2011 11:57 AM  
Blogger LittlePigPress said...

What a beautiful studio and lovely eye candy! Where did Arounna get those wall ledges? I have to have them!

7/30/2011 5:59 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

I would have a lot of fun in that shop - absolutely love the handmade! The bird in the cactus picture from the exhibit that you made arrived here in WA - I totally loved it! The colors were even richer than I had seen in the photo - its wonderful - thanks!

7/30/2011 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Amanda said...

Your blog is a genuine delight. We love seeing the places you go and things you discover. Thanks for sharing your take on art!

8/02/2011 8:02 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Oh my that is a beautiful studio, it elicits so much peace.

8/04/2011 2:45 PM  
Blogger marysza said...

omg ;o everything is just amazing there! ;o

<3

2/08/2012 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Accidentally Angela said...

Her space is very inspiring, even if it isn't my own. :) Yep, I love seeing other people's creative spaces too. I finally got some beautiful shelves from Ikea and have a somewhat organized space. I do think mine looks quite like Leanne said earlier: "looks like a small digger has ploughed through an art shop, dug some foundations, had lunch and then left site unlocked..." :) Thanks for sharing...Angela

2/09/2012 7:35 AM  
Blogger Mip said...

HI!!!
I'm verry sad to not found your fabrics "birds" in France...
I Hope you can send by web..
Have a nice day, MIP

11/25/2012 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home