Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saint-Armand

Canadian handmade paper!
Handmade paper from Canada
Saint-Armand 100% recycled handmade paper.
On top of all the wonderful memories I brought back with me
from my trip to Canada, I also brought back amazing art supplies.
Margie took Sonia & me to visit The Paper Place on Queen St.
I bought a whole stack of Canadian 100% recycled handmade paper sheets from Saint-Armand in all sorts of lovely dark colors, beautiful japanese washi tape,
inkpads, waxed linen thread, etc...
I'll show you some photos of our visit to the gorgeous shop on my next post.
I'm already working on a new collage using a purple sheet!

24 Lovely Comments:

Blogger tinajo said...

Sounds fun - and I love these pics. :-)

7/30/2011 7:31 AM  
Anonymous Rebecca said...

Ooo...I love all of those little red specks in the paper.

7/30/2011 7:53 AM  
Blogger little moments said...

love that purple

7/30/2011 7:58 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I'm glad you discovered Saint-Armand papers. They make lovely watercolour paper as well (in large and sweet, small sizes). If you ever visit Montreal, you would love visiting their paper mill. Stacks of handmade paper everywhere. It is heaven. The owners David and Denise are very nice too.

7/30/2011 8:14 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Hi Geninne! Love the array of paper colors and rich tape too. I bet you had a ton of fun in that shop! Can't wait to see all of your upcoming work.

7/30/2011 8:14 AM  
Blogger Louchia said...

Love the colours! I can't wait to see where you found washi tape in Canada, I have to order mine from Japan (and live in Quebec province), can't find some here.

7/30/2011 8:30 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Esa es quizas mi tienda favorita de todo Toronto!
Que lindo que Margie te llevo :)

7/30/2011 9:13 AM  
Blogger Alisa said...

Thant store looks amazing. I want to go there! Checking out the website now...

7/30/2011 9:13 AM  
Blogger the vintage wren said...

Gorgeous papers, what fun to work with. Those tapes, love their colors. Take Care, Carrie

7/30/2011 9:47 AM  
Blogger barbara@sparrowavenue said...

the white ink looks great on the purple

7/30/2011 10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is there a particular white ink pen or marker you use for such thin lines? or is it paint? it looks gorgeous!

7/30/2011 10:28 AM  
Blogger Geninne said...

Thank you guys! :)
@Anonymus: I use a very, very, very fine sable round brush and white acrylic ink.

7/30/2011 10:33 AM  
Anonymous Rendell said...

Paper stores are like candy stores for me...I can spend hours in them. You found some wonderful papers, I've got to see if my favorite paper store here in Vancouver, Paper-Ya, carries their papers and your drawing in white ink is beautiful on the purple. You continue to inspire.

7/30/2011 11:33 AM  
Blogger se7en said...

Look at those colors!!! And the white!!! Beautiful!!! Hope you have the most wonderful weekend back home with your guys.

7/30/2011 1:26 PM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

okay next time you visit we will go to montreal to visit the paper mill:)
You would adore that city.

7/30/2011 1:48 PM  
OpenID Cozy Memories said...

oh my, you've already made the most of this gorgeous paper ! The white is so striking on the purple !!
And the textures are deliiiicious !
oxoxo

7/30/2011 2:01 PM  
Blogger Owlie said...

how beautiful! i am a bit of a paper-a-holic and am loving these ones!!!

7/30/2011 2:52 PM  
Blogger leFiligree said...

ooo i can almost feel that tweedy paper. cant wait to see what you turn it all into.

7/30/2011 3:03 PM  
Blogger Cally said...

Your drawing on that purple is stunning! Such lovely contrast.

7/30/2011 6:00 PM  
Blogger Karin Schikorr said...

Qué maravilla de papeles!! ojalá pudiese conseguir algo parecido por acá!, seguro que vas a disfrutar muchíiiiisimo con todo lo que te trajistes de tu viaje! ahora mismo visito la papelería!! Gracias por compartir esto con nosotros!!
Karin

7/31/2011 5:05 AM  
Anonymous corporate road solutions said...

I really impressed the array of paper colors and rich tape too. Also those little red specks in the paper. Awesome and superb collection.

8/01/2011 3:32 AM  
Blogger Veda Murthy said...

THIS IS CALLED ABSOLUTE GORGEOUSNESS!!!!!THE SHOP IS GREAT....AND THE STUFF U BOUGHT IS EQUALLY GRT.....CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU COME UP WITH!!!!

HUGS,
vEDA

8/01/2011 11:44 AM  
Blogger artistico said...

lovely dark colors beautiful japanese washi art.... Thank you for this share !!!! always i enjoy your blog



Canvas Art Wall

8/01/2011 1:33 PM  
Blogger ZenCrafter said...

I could live right there on that block of Queen St! I love your white painting on the handmade paper!

8/05/2011 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home