Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Extra Fancy

Printer Cozy
Rice sack cover
Bookhou fabric
Extra Fancy
Playing with Lola (my dear sewing machine) this morning
making a patchwork cover for one of the inkjet printers in the studio.
I used a beautiful vintage rice sack cover my friend Diana gave me when she came down to Mexico in February for the ACE Camps workshop (thank you friend!)
and some lovely Bookhou fabric squares I bought from their Etsy shop.
The gorgeous fabric calendar in the first photo was a b-day gift from my very sweet
& generous friend Arounna. You can get one at her Bookhou etsy shop.
It's for 2012 but it's so beautiful I hung it right away. Thanks A! I love it!

27 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Vanessa Bentley said...

Not even something like a printer cover can escape your creativity. I love the fabric combinations. It is beautiful!

9/21/2011 11:45 AM  
Blogger Mlle Miracle said...

Me encanta el saco de arroz, es "extra fancy", sí señor, es perfecto para la funda. Tu casa, aún con sus toques de color, cada vez me recuerda más a esas que vemos en las revistas japonesas que tanto nos gustan.
Oye, y Lola es toda una veterana, es preciosa. La canilla veo que se carga vertical, claro, como se hacía "antes". Aunque debe pesar un rato doña Lola, ¿no? ;0)

9/21/2011 11:50 AM  
Blogger Heather Joy said...

Love that idea! Why does so much technology have to be ugly? I'd love a bright an orange printer! :) I'll have to make one myself, thanks for the idea! :)

9/21/2011 12:17 PM  
Blogger Lisa Graham said...

Such a great idea to cover the printer with something so unique! We always have dust since we live on a dirt road.

9/21/2011 12:21 PM  
Blogger Jill Wignall said...

Beautiful! Such a good idea. I think my desk needs some of your creativity : )

9/21/2011 12:29 PM  
Blogger barbara@sparrowavenue said...

bookhou everywhere
awesome sewing machine, Geninne

9/21/2011 12:59 PM  
Blogger Lori @ Studio Waterstone said...

What a great idea! And I must have Lola - or at least A Lola.

9/21/2011 1:05 PM  
Blogger percentblog said...

A modern breadbox cover! So cute, and what great fabrics.

9/21/2011 1:05 PM  
Blogger heleen said...

beautiful and a good idea, our printer is sooo dusty!

9/21/2011 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer Allison said...

LOVE it!!!! i'm a big fan of covering up the 'electronics' in my home as well...as much for their 'dust free-ness' as my preference for not looking at their buttons and plastic and such. this a great idea. :)

9/21/2011 3:00 PM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

i really think you should open a bookhou / geninne shop in san miguel
I was also trying my darndest to figure out how you ordered and received the calendar quicker than I did but now I know:)
ps I just got mine today and can't wait to put it up

9/21/2011 4:26 PM  
Blogger Sudha said...

i m so in awe of ur creativity :)

9/21/2011 4:38 PM  
Blogger Sudha said...

hey G
i would love to have ur inputs on buying a vintage sewing machine..i m a basic sewing person..pl help with ur inputs

9/21/2011 4:53 PM  
Blogger arounna said...

margie
great idea!
love love love !!!
xx

9/21/2011 5:33 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I particualyy love the way you "gown up" your pot plant. Its so sweet and innovative.

9/21/2011 7:33 PM  
Blogger Kim Franklin said...

What a great idea to cover up the printer.. I hate machines like that that make a beautiful art space ugly fast

9/21/2011 10:52 PM  
Blogger Maria Magdalena Szmatuła said...

I love the tablecloth you have under your Lola! Please, make a seperate post abut it. I so wish to see it close! it has so great colours!

I am facsinated and very inspired by your blog!
Thank you!
Greetings from Polish girl living in Slovenija :-)

9/21/2011 11:49 PM  
Blogger Almu said...

Qué idea más buena, y la tela del saco es genial! Lástima que las agujas y yo estemos reñidas, de otro modo, lo intentaría.

9/22/2011 12:19 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

So smart and lovely. May have to borrow this idea!

9/22/2011 8:31 AM  
Anonymous Robin said...

You have taken it to a new level of lovelyness. I am going to whip one out due to your beautiful inspiration.

9/22/2011 8:36 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

What a lovely way to make something so cold and ugly as technology gadgets have a warm spiritual glow. JUST LOVELY!!

9/22/2011 9:07 AM  
Blogger FarfallaDK said...

This is such a lovely and beautiful cover!

9/22/2011 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

Aloha Gennine,
Wow! Your creativeness never ceases to amaze me. I've been searching for a sturdy sewing machine. What model is Lola?
Take care, Stephanie

9/22/2011 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Alice said...

I love this idea, but I want it for my KitchenAid mixer instead! I just searched the internet and don't find anything nearly as beautiful and charming.

9/24/2011 12:46 PM  
Anonymous Mandy Behrens said...

Beautiful choice of fabrics...I'm especially smitten with the vintage rice sack...and of course, your work. Cheers!

9/25/2011 1:17 PM  
Blogger Heldine said...

OMG - that is the cutest thing ever!

PS - I went to the Design*Sponge Book signing at Anthropologie Beverly Hills and recognized some of your products in the store! :) Just thought I'd share with you.

9/30/2011 3:30 PM  
Blogger ragingyoghurt said...

this is without a doubt the most wonderful printer cosy i have ever seen.

10/08/2011 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home