Thursday, October 20, 2011

San Francisco

The famous Golden Gate Bridge
The very famous Golden Gate bridge.
The Ferry Building
The Ferry Building.
Purple beauty
Purple beauty on the grounds of Alcatraz Island
The Bay Bridge
The Bay Bridge as seen from the Ferry Building at dawn.
The Bay Bridge
The Bay Bridge as seen from the ferry to Alcatraz Island.
Tiny journal necklace
This is the only drawing I managed to make during the trip while waiting
for our delicious Vietnamese food at The Slanted Door.
These spring rolls where out of this world good!
I always bring my watercolors with me on trips
and never get a chance to use them so I left them at home this time.
This gorgeous tiny book necklace is from Antico Valore at Etsy.
It measures 1 x 1.5 inches and it's about an inch thick full of beautiful art paper.
I fell head over heels in ♥ with San Francisco.

33 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Patty Biermans said...

OH....how I envy you!!!! What a beautiful pictures you took! It's one of my dreams to go to the US, but I think that wil stay a dream. That's why I enjoy your picture so much. hugzz...peebee

10/20/2011 10:14 AM  
Blogger Artes da Cris said...

Oh Geninne, I'd fallen in love with S.F. in 1993 when I was living in Arizona and we decided to travel to California. Maybe next year, when my hubby goes to a meeting in San Diego me and my son Pedro are going along...hope so!
It's a very special place on earth...
ana

10/20/2011 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Annie said...

I've fallen in love with that sketchbook, it's wonderful!

10/20/2011 11:12 AM  
Blogger Trisha said...

I went to San Francisco for the first time back in March. I fell in love too. So crisp, exciting, yet chill.

Love that mini-notebook necklace too.

10/20/2011 11:15 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Wonderful photo! And that little necklace book is amazing!

10/20/2011 11:29 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

I'm in love with SF to since i had the chance to live there for a year 12 years ago... Love the drawing you made of the bridge with the bird.

10/20/2011 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Linda Knudson said...

Slanted Door--it's the best!
Did you visit Santa Cruz and Monterey?

10/20/2011 11:40 AM  
Blogger tinajo said...

Love the pics and love the little drawing! :-)

10/20/2011 12:35 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

So glad you had a good time and also glad you're back. Love the picture of the bridge.

10/20/2011 12:37 PM  
Blogger percentblog said...

I am new Bay Area resident and am going with my boyfriend and his mom to Slanted Door this weekend. I'm so excited!

10/20/2011 12:39 PM  
Blogger nikkijoy said...

That book necklace is amazing and I think I need one! I like your little doodle =) x

10/20/2011 2:05 PM  
Blogger Belta said...

That little necklace book is amazing!

Thank you for the information.

10/20/2011 3:26 PM  
Anonymous Nicole | Blue Bicicletta said...

Oh I love the Slanted Door---and I think I even had those spring rolls you're talking about. It was excellent! I just moved to Colorado from Northern California this past summer---I love San Francisco and your pictures make my heart happy! thanks!

10/20/2011 4:33 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

i live in the bay area and it is truly a magical place to live.

10/20/2011 6:14 PM  
Blogger Brit said...

san fransico is such an amazing place--your pictures captured it perfectly. and that book necklace is just wonderful!

10/20/2011 6:37 PM  
OpenID aracelisrandomness said...

The trip seems amazing - <3 the tiny book necklace!

10/20/2011 8:50 PM  
Blogger Kim Franklin said...

Glad you had so much fun in my home state of California our coast really is something else, its so beautiful, the sunsets, animals, plants, mountains, beach, sea shells... too much good stuff.

10/20/2011 11:08 PM  
Blogger Anne Keane said...

great photos!

10/21/2011 4:10 AM  
Blogger BunTine said...

♥ your pictures and the necklace !
♥BunTine

10/21/2011 4:16 AM  
Blogger Daniela said...

So hard to pick my favorite one... All of your pictures are GORGEOUS! I am glad you've enjoyed your trip!

10/21/2011 5:23 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Gorgeous photos, amazing necklace and drawing! I am so glad you had fun.

10/21/2011 5:26 AM  
Anonymous sophia said...

i love your tiny illustration. and i love sf too! if you didn't get a chance to go this time, this place is quite wonderful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera_Obscura_%28San_Francisco,_California%29

10/21/2011 6:35 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Maunder said...

So nice to start my day by looking at your blog again. I can't tell you how many times I looked at that little yellow bird. :)

The photos are beautiful--especially the first with all of those lovely red and grey-blue tones. And that tiny book with your sketch is exquisite.

10/21/2011 7:06 AM  
Blogger barbara@sparrowavenue said...

i had no idea the bridge was that big!

i love that little book, though

10/21/2011 7:40 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

My mom grew up in SF, met my dad during the war and moved to the east coast with him where I was raised. Going to SF was the highlight of each year as we would go "home" to see family. It captured my heart a long time ago as a child and though I have seen so many other places, nothing compares to the city by the bay.

Your photos are wonderful and I love your little drawing in the charming book/necklace. Thanks for sharing.

10/21/2011 10:16 AM  
Blogger Jesse Lu said...

Ahhh... these pictures spark just a pinch of homesickness.... I just moved from San Francisco after living there for almost ten years and being born and raised just on the other side of that beautiful Golden Gate. It truly is a remarkable place, I only wish it wasn't so difficult to make a living and start a family there. But I must say, though I love my California, I am falling in love with New Mexico more and more every day. I love looking at the desert mesas to the west and the rocky mountains to the east. I love the culture in Albuquerque, all the beautiful sun, and the forests to the north, and all the little artist towns sprinkled throughout. I'm so glad to have a chance to explore such a beautiful new place after living my whole life in one of the most beautiful places on earth.

If you find yourself back in the bay area, try an ethiopian restaurant. There are so many delicious choices in SF and Berkeley and Oakland, and I miss that food soooo much. :)

10/22/2011 6:38 AM  
Blogger XxFrench91xX said...

I really enjoy your pictures. The flowers are beautiful. I just started my art blog and would like to get some exposure. I will b posting daily please check it out

10/22/2011 11:31 PM  
Blogger GScott said...

Glad you had a great time. It's my favorite city for sure. I live about an hour away in the South Bay and still love to go up to the city and visit all of the touristy spots, even though we've been here for over 4 years.

There's something about SF that is special, and it forever changes visitors.

10/22/2011 11:35 PM  
Blogger Deb's Artful Journey said...

Your pics of my city are truly beautiful. The Slanted Door is one of favorite restaurants... so yummy! And the Big Sur coastline is truly gorgeous. I am glad you got to enjoy!

10/23/2011 7:44 AM  
Blogger forcryeye said...

Every time I go somewhere I bring my travel watercolor set, and NEVER have I opened it! I am leaving for Hawaii on Sunday, and I will not be packing them! Love all the fab photos from your trip! I am always excited to stop by and see what you are up to! :)

10/24/2011 11:52 AM  
Blogger Antico Valore said...

thank you Geninne, i'm so happy to read your words and to see your arte in the pages of my mini book necklaces! Thank you really very much!
simona

10/25/2011 1:26 PM  
Blogger SAMZE said...

aaaah! san francisco, how i love that city! and the slanted door...love!!! i especially like their jicama salad. :)

love the photos! thanks for sharing!

10/25/2011 8:56 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Yay! I'm happy that you had a wonderful time in San Francisco! I think that you must have been here during our hot weather...it's been hot, cold, hot, warm, earthquake,cold.....

Hope you are well!!

Lucia in San Francisco

11/02/2011 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home