Sunday, June 17, 2012

Home, for now...

Balcony
Hallway window
Livingroom
View
View from Livingroom
Home for now
Casa Tres
We're almost completely installed in our temporary home & happy to be surrounded by so much green!!! I'm getting reacquainted with all the birds and it feels like we're living in a tree house. We're living next door to our ex Casa #3
It's fun having one of Manolo's houses as our neighbor :-)
I spent all of yesterday unpacking and organizing the kitchen and we were able to have a home cooked breakfast this morning!

25 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Veronique said...

Love the colour of the house and great view!

6/17/2012 10:27 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Maunder said...

Looks like a lovely place. I bet those trees are full of friends.

6/17/2012 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Joanne said...

It is like the trees live inside your house. It looks really peaceful but you must have plenty of bugs at home from those trees;)

6/17/2012 12:50 PM  
Anonymous passifleur said...

nice windows,view and garden, i'm sure you find beautiful area for your studio! good inspiration with all this green!

6/17/2012 1:05 PM  
Blogger Jo Murray said...

No wonder you stayed in that location... gorgeous.... and so is Manolo's work (both houses). Lucky you.

6/17/2012 1:09 PM  
Blogger lamina@do a bit said...

How wonderful to feel like you are living in a tree house... trees are good for the soul and little feathered friends :)

6/17/2012 1:09 PM  
Blogger Julie Clay Illustration said...

Hope you settle in there quickly, looks like you've made a good start, who wouldn't feel at home in the trees. Hope Turbo is coping!! :)

6/17/2012 2:09 PM  
Blogger "Le Loup du Chat" alias Sandrine Deleuze said...

Happy to read your move has been fine ! Enjoy the bird singing <3 And I looooooooove your green landscape ! Lucky you ! I wish I could go there too !

6/17/2012 2:27 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Love the house and really love all the trees. Feels much "cooler". Will also always love the blue house too.

6/17/2012 4:22 PM  
Blogger paula said...

You're unbelievable, Geninne! Moving, organizing, cooking, AND posting photos...you've definitely earned SUPERWOMAN status! Looks like a lovely place which will be even lovelier now that you and your family are happily installed.

6/17/2012 4:41 PM  
Blogger Claud said...

Your creative style and energy are always such an inspiration. Disfruta la nueva casa temporal :-). No me aguanto por ver los nuevos pajaros.

6/17/2012 5:53 PM  
OpenID goodnessis.com said...

I love being surrounded by tree's. My bedroom feels like that except I sleep surrounded by advocado tree's . It is so beautiful and I am going to miss. In less than a month we are moving to Portugal. My head spins just thinking about it. I hope I can do it with as much grace as you. Enjoy your new home it really does look so lovely.
best wishes Stacey

6/17/2012 9:06 PM  
Blogger Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your temporary home in the trees is beautiful and casa #3 is absolutely gorgeous! Have a wonderful week. Tammy

6/18/2012 2:19 AM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

looks so cool and fresh

6/18/2012 3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucky woman you allways manage to have beautiful houses. Alex I follow you from Portugal. Good luck in your new life

6/18/2012 4:12 AM  
Blogger Art by Wiley said...

Looks beautiful. I love those trees :)

6/18/2012 4:56 AM  
Blogger Purple Snapdragons by Lori said...

Such a gorgeous home and I love all the green. I may have missed this, but are you building your next home from the ground up or renovating? Either way, it will be exciting to see what you do with it. I love your design style. Enjoy!!

6/18/2012 9:08 AM  
Blogger Vicky T said...

Amazing house!!! Congratulations! I love your wallpapers, I use them every month :-D

6/18/2012 9:29 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Did Manolo design/build the red house too? Is your new home being built nearby this red one?

You have a photo in your link to the Casa #3, a close-up of a pink lily. I wonder if I could have permission to paint it in watercolor?

6/18/2012 10:41 AM  
Blogger Geninne said...

Thanks everyone! We're happily settling in the beautiful house we rented. Even if we'll just be here for 8 months or so I still like to make it feel like home.
@Lori: We're going to start building our new home from the ground up in a couple of months.
@Joan: Yes, he built Casa 3, we lived in it for a year and a half before we sold it. Our Casa 6 will be in the same neighborhood, a 15 minute walk from where we are now. Go ahead and paint the lily if you like :-)

6/18/2012 11:05 AM  
Blogger Globe Packaging said...

Great post.It really contains valuable information.Thanks for sharing. Boxes and Packaging

6/19/2012 3:43 AM  
Anonymous Adriana said...

Beautiful, how moving can be a peaceful transition.
I feel the love through the images.

6/19/2012 4:37 AM  
Blogger ladydazy said...

What a beautiful home, it is!

6/21/2012 11:37 PM  
Blogger Cris Crisman said...

Hi Gennine,

I'm designing a website and logo re-do for a small college.
http://www.anandauniversity.org/living-wisdom/

It's a very small college (only about 12 students at most) and they have limited funds. For the logo design they want to keep the lotus, but not the one that is there now. I came across your wonderful lotus print (maybe it's a painting or a drawing, but it looked like a lithograph of some kind to me).

I wanted to inquire what you would like in terms payment to use your artwork for the logo.

I can't attach an image of the print to this blog, but it's a monotone, maybe teal, and it's a simple line treatment.

If you give me your email I can send you a screen shot.
Thanks,
Cris Crisman
Nevada City, CA USA

7/10/2012 11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are the only community that offers FREE BlackBerry Unlocking Unlimited , and Free AT&T Unlock Codes
for more info visit
http://www.gsm4share.com/forum.php

7/12/2012 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home